The Objective Resilience Committee of ASCE-EMI is pleased to announce the inaugural annual Student Paper Competition in Objective Resilience. The competition is open to any student author of a paper in the thematic area of Objective Resilience. Students whose abstracts in this thematic area are accepted for presentation at the EMI 2018 Conference will be considered for this paper competition.
1. Submit an abstract in the thematic area of objective resilience through the conference paper management system to the track of their choice by the conference deadline.
2. Forward the abstract acceptance notification and express interest in the competition to Dr. Mohammed Ettouney (email@example.com) within one week of the abstract acceptance notice.
3. Submit an eight-page (double spaced) full paper to the competition organizing committee (email to Dr. Mohammed Ettouney (firstname.lastname@example.org)) by March 15, 2018. Please use a PDF file type. To ensure consistency, please use the ASCE Journal manuscript requirements in preparing your 8 double spaced pages paper. The ASCE manuscript requirements can be found in: http://engineering.missouri.edu/civil/files/asce-author-guide-journals.pdf
4. Be a student at the time of submission.
5. Present the paper at the conference and must be the principal author of the paper.
January 31, 2018 – abstract submission via the conference website
February 7, 2018 - abstract acceptance notification and expression of interest in the
competition due to Dr. Mohammed Ettouney (email@example.com)
March 15, 2018 - Submit a four-page full paper to Dr. Mohammed Ettouney
The submitted papers will be evaluated by a panel of five judges, and the top three papers will be selected.
These three papers must be presented in a special session at the EMI conference, in addition to the regular presentation within the conference;
There will be financial awards of $500.00, $300.00, and $200.00 for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd winners, respectively. (Co-authoring students will share the monetary prize. Only student authors are eligible for monetary prizes);
Receive EMI certificates.
A letter of commendation shall be sent to the winner and department head, as appropriate. Financial awards are donated to ORC-SC by private entities. Funds for the 2018 prizes were donated by an anonymous donor.